SIKA PRO-TECTA CUT EDGE CORROSION TREATMENT
The action of natural weathering, over time, can start to corrode the exposed edge of a metal roof sheet, causing the protective coatings to peel away, revealing the bare metal core to further corrosion. If left untreated, this process may continue and potentially threaten their primary waterproofing function.
Sika Pro-Tecta CE has been developed and tested as an effective surface treatment for the onset of cut edge corrosion, designed to extend service-life, where the sheets remain structurally sound, and the primary waterproofing function has not been compromised.
Sika Liquid Plastics has extensive experience in the full waterproofing
of metal roof systems, using our high performance liquid membranes.
SYSTEM FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Sika Poxicolor HE New: Primer:
- Can be installed on manually prepared surfaces to St2 or St3
- Fast drying and high-build
- Excellent coverage rates
SikaCor EG-5: Coating:
- Very good corrosion protection properties
- Excellent chemical, weather and colour stability
- Tough and elastic
- Resistant to shock and impact
- Unrestricted use across the UK mainland, including coastal areas*
- High levels of corrosion protection
- Can be installed on a range of metal sheet types – including coated and uncoated
*Contact our Technical Services team using the form below