COLD FLAT ROOFS
WHAT IS A COLD ROOF?
- A cold roof either has no insulation or the principal insulation is at ceiling level
- This results in the roof covering and structural deck being COLDER than the building’s interior in winter
- Condensation is controlled by wind-induced ventilation and vapour resistant layers
- It is essential to ventilate the roof void of cold roofs
- Condensation calculations should not be used for cold roof constructions
LIQUID WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE
Sika Liquid Plastics manufacture elastomeric seamless polyurethane coating systems that are suitable for the waterproofing of new and the refurbishment and upgrading of existing cold flat roofs.
Sika Liquid Plastics liquid applied membranes are high performance polyurethane coatings , which rapidly becomes resistant to rain damage. They cure to form a completely seamless, elastomeric membrane. Each system is fully reinforced with Sika Reemat Premium glass fibre matting. Systems are available to suit all client’s budget requirements.